Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day



Spent the morning at church in Kingsway watching our grandson Jonathan get dedicated at church.  It got me thinking about what an awesome responsibility parents have and how it seems to just get tougher and tougher to raise kids as each generation steps up to the plate and begins their parenting journey.  But, one thing always stays the same.  The strength and wisdom of our God.  He was there with my mom when she and my dad began their parenting journey in 1962.  He was there with Deb and I when we became parents in 1987, and he's there for Nicole and Brett as they started a new chapter of their lives on Dec. 30, 2010.  What a great comfort as we seem to constantly have change and new challenges come into our lives.  Parenting is a great responsibility and our children and grandchildren are a gift from God.  Good to know we never have to do it alone. 

I'd especially like to thank the mother of my children, Deb, for being a rock in our family and being a fantastic mom, and now grandma.  She is "worth far more than rubies" (Proverbs 31:10).  Thank you Deb.  Something has been passed down and modeled correctly because Nicole is a wonderful and loving mother as well and I know it makes us very proud.  Blessings to you Nicole.  And, in both of them I see so much of my mom and know that how she lived and loved lives on how each of them love and care for their families.  I'd encourage you to read Proverbs 31 if you haven't already today.  If you were fortunate to have a godly mother then you'll probably see your mom in some of the verses.  I know I did. 

It's been over 6 years since we suddenly lost my mom and Mother's Day is kind of bittersweet, but when I get to see Deb with our kids and  now see Nicole with our grandson I get to see some of my mom in them and I am reminded of how lucky I was and am.  Thanks mom for teaching us to love our families, to take time to enjoy family, and showing us all what it means for a mom, grandma, dad, grandpa, son, daughter, wife, or husband to love God and live their life for them.  You've helped alot of us Find The Way and I'm thankful for the years we had together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment