Saturday, February 2, 2013

Commit


 


I’m committing to getting better.  January 28th completed my 7thmonth on the job in Carlisle.  At timesit can be overwhelming and make you feel like you’re spinning your wheelsgetting anywhere but we need to step back at times,  look at what we’ve done and be encouraged byprogress.  

We’ve started some projects, are doing some thingsdifferently than in the past, have other projects on the radar and have avision for what the future might look like. Part of building a vision is hoping to see progress toward it which canbe frustrating at times but I’ve always believed that success is a journey,  not a destination and believe that we have tobe about trying to get better every day even if it’s in small steps. 

One of the ways I’m going to try and get better is to communicatesome thoughts and share a blog more frequently. My goal is to have this be a larger version of Twitter to help me be moreconsistent which will keep it more manageable at around 2+ tweets length at 300or so characters, but it will probably more like 300 words since Twitter countsevery character and space to reach 140. 

I got a book a couple of weeks ago by Jon Gordon (norelation) “One Word that Will Change Your Life”.  Highly recommended.  Reads in about 30-40 minutes.  My word for the year is COMMIT.  I’m going to commit to being better in everyarea of my life.  Husband, Father,Grandfather, Job, healthy choices…you get the picture.  Every area.  Even as a blogger.  So, I’ll try to share a few thoughts once aweek on Monday morning.  I’ll COMMIT to gettingbetter.  How about you? Let’s get on thejourney together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment