Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day


With this being the week of Valentine's Day I guess I'll write a bit (300+ words or so) about it....or at least the love my life part of it.

 As many know, or as you may have read in previous posts I've moved around a bit.  You don’t dare do something like this without a woman who believes in you and will go with you.  Actually, Deb said a couple of moves ago that if I moved again I was going by myself but I’m sure glad she changed her mind on that one.  J


I believe that God brought Deb into my life as my wife because for some reason He decided I should have someone to share life with me who would go with me from Walnut, to Lisbon, to Manning, to Norfolk, to Harlan, to Treynor, and to Carlisle.  OK, wait, maybe that says a lot more about the kind of Godly woman she is and nothing about me.  It just confirms that I am the recipient of that blessing. 

She usually previews everything I write.  She has edited Player Handbooks, Parent Handbooks, Coaching Handbooks, Letters, Resume’s, and now Blogs, but she won’t preview this one so that’s why there will probably be a lack of commas or an over abundance. 

She has listened to me during the good times, the bad times, the times I’ve wanted to quit but didn’t, the times I needed a voice of reason before making a rushed decision, and the times I needed the confirmation that a decision was the right one. 

She did all this while getting our children carted to 20 years of basketball games and only missing 2-3 during my head basketball coaching career, and those were due to someone being sick. 

I’m thankful that last year, in my last coaching gig, when we were fortunate to finish as State Runner-Up at the Boy's State Golf Tournament, she was there and shared it with me the final day. She was there three years before too when we did  it the first time, but this was extra special  because of it being my last event as a coach.  


We’re enjoying this phase of life now and enjoy our time alone eating out, going to college games, theatre and music events, or even a drive to do some shopping.  Point is, after coming up on 30 years (in December) of being together I thank God for the blessing of marriage and the love of this one woman. 

I hope if you're reading this you are, or will be, blessed with love and happiness not only on Valentine's Day, but every day.  If not, please remember that God has His plan and His timing.  Seek it, Trust it, and Live in it. 

For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord.  “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. (Jeremiah 29:11)  I thank God for His plan and I’m thankful He blessed me with the woman who is a wonderful mother, grandmother, and wife.  


No comments:

Post a Comment