Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The House




Part of what has been going on with us is we've been trying to sell our house for the past 5-6 months.  We haven't had to, but just wanted to try and are attempting to get into something a little bit bigger for our family that is expanding and will continue to expand.  It hasn't been a real big deal, but just kind of busy in the fall, nothing through the winter, and now we've hit a hot streak again since the weather has broken. 

Deb has been great at getting the house ready when we've needed to and has been very creative decorating it.  If it sells sometime it will be because of her and her persistence.  Part of the reason we're super motivated now is to be able to help out Brett and Nicole and have them live with us if we can get into something bigger. 

Do you ever feel strange praying for something different when you have enough right now?  That's kind of how I've felt and don't know if I've been super committed to praying hard enough for the house to sell and get into a bigger one because I feel kind of guilty doing that, but I've been more intentional lately praying about it and have felt better about it because I still think that God loves us like we love our own kids and wants us to be happy, but I also know that He knows what is best for us.  He knows if we should take on a bit bigger house payment.  He knows if we'll even be in Treynor to need a bigger house here.  My favorite verse is from Jeremiah 29:11-13,  11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I mentioned that I've learned alot in the past couple of months because of Brett and Nicole's situation, and life in general, about trusting God and seeking His face more intently and consistently, and in the process I think have talked to him more openly and honestly than I have in quite sometime. 

Well, tomorrow we have a family coming to look at our house of the 2nd time in 10 days or so.  I bet we've had our house shown around 20 times and this is the first couple who have come back for a 2nd look.  We're kind of excited about that.....but, we had a deal in place contingent on the sale of our house, but we let that go and have nothing in place at this point.  "For I know the plans I have for you....."  So.....what will happen?  I don't know.  I don't have to.  We'll continue to trust and pray.  That seems to be what our family is doing alot of lately. 

We'll find our way as we continue to look to THE Way because we know He has a plan and that's enough.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read that scripture Todd! We are 2 days away from closing on our house and being out. A blessing but it's hard to let go. We have been praying hard for God to place us in jobs in Des Moines where we can be closer to family. I've been telling myself God will show us the way! Time to wipe the tears :-)

    ReplyDelete