Monday, April 15, 2013

God Still Reigns


     Things have been very busy and sometimes in this weekly commitment to writing I also put it off.  I had been in an afternoon of interviews and hadn't looked at my phone (very rare) and when I did I see the text from Sportscenter saying there had been a bombing at the Boston Marathon.  I don't know in this day and age if we ever can get totally comfortable going on about our daily lives, but maybe we had, and this is another reminder that we live in a fallen world.  

      I just can't get my human mind around the fact that an 8 year old boy went to a sporting event today and was murdered by an act of terrorism.  My heart aches for the family as I look at a picture of my 2 1/2  year old grandson and just played with my 18 month old grandson.  Life is good and we're blessed, but it can change in one instant.  Life was normal for the family of the little boy who didn't go home tonight.  I don't mean to make light of the others who were killed and I my heart is heavy for their families too.  There are others who have/will lose limbs and whose lives will never be the same because of the trauma.  I pray for them as well.  

     I know a woman who ran in the marathon and had just finished but was away from the blast site.  Glad to say she is OK.  

     I really can't think of anything intelligent to say in times like this, so I will pray.  Will you please do the same? 

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. 
(Psalm 46:1–3)

No comments:

Post a Comment