Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Back At It

Kind of took a couple of months off from writing.  Like everyone, the schedule gets a big hectic in the summer months and I was going to miss a few dates, so just took a break from both of my blogs.  I'm ready to get back to some writing on both sites.

Here's a bit of a summary of the last couple of months.  A TOP 5 if you will, of what's gone on in our lives.


In early June we got to enjoy 10 days in California with our entire family.  We got to attend the wedding of our niece, enjoy some new things, and some of the traditional things, that we do when we visit every few years.  It was a great time.  We're pictured here on Pismo Beach.  You can tell it's a nice June afternoon by the jackets.

In early July we were blessed by a 2 week visit by our Salt Lake City kids and grandson.  Brett, Nicole, and Jonathan were on a month long trip visiting supporters for their work in Salt Lake.  It was fantastic and we look forward to another visit around Christmas time.

During the time they were here we celebrated Deb's 29th Anniversary of her 21st Birthday.  We had several days with some different activities.  I had a good time.  I think she did too.

Exciting news for Abby as she did get into the Physical Therapy Assistant program at Mercy College.  She was the first alternate for a couple of months, but found out less than a week ago that she made it in.  We are very proud of her and she now has 5 straight semesters of work to complete the degree program.

AJ has started his work as the Graduate Assistant at Midland University with the Men's Basketball program and working on his Master's Degree.  He'll have his Masters a cool 24 years before I did.  Good for him. It will be fun for us to continue to follow MU basketball.

We're gearing up for the 2013-14 school year in about 10 days.  My time centers around the school year calendar, so January 1 is just a nice day for football for me.  The real year starts in August and I'm getting ready to start my 29th year of doing what they call "work".  Yeah, some days it seems like it, but overall, what a great blessing.

I look forward to sharing some more thoughts with you weekly on this journey we're on together.  I'll leave you with a good quote I read today as part of a devotional.  "If you're not serving, you're not leading".

Be Blessed and Be A Blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment