Sunday, August 25, 2013

Writers Block



I sit here looking at my blog site, empty page for the last hour,  listening to some worship music.  I've started this blog 2-3 times, and although maybe worthy topics to write about I just didn't feel it.  I guess what I do feel tonight is the awesome feeling of Worship.  Adoration toward a God that I believe truly exists and loves me.  I so believe that we should strive to live our life as an act of worship to God to offer thanks for the blessings that He gives.  I'm thinking about, now listening to the worship set we did today.

We did a new song at Pathway this week. "The Same Love", by Paul Baloche. We've been going through the book of Acts at Pathway, and the words of this song have come to me every week as I have been listening to the teaching.  I wasn't really that familiar with the song, but I started to listen to it almost every day and the words have just been on my mind non stop.  I've just been in awe of the fact that the "same love that set the captives free, the same love that opened eyes to see, is calling us all by name".  "The same God that spread the heavens wide, the same God that was crucified is calling us by name".  As I've read and listened about the beginning of the church every week, it is just is awesome to think that the same God is working here in 2013 too.

I'm thankful for guys like Paul Baloche, guys who are still leading worship at a local church, but continues to be inspired and used by God to share his prayers and thoughts and put them to music so beautifully.  One thing I've heard him say more than once is that his songs are prayers that he's been able to put to music.

So, even if you find yourself not knowing what to say, or sitting silently thinking about where you're at on life's road, remember you have a God that offers the same love that he's offered for generations, even from the beginning of time.  That's comforting, awesome, confusing, but worth writing and singing about.

Be Blessed!!





No comments:

Post a Comment