Sunday, September 8, 2013

More Than A Song



Passion is defined as an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.

Hopefully, your job is directly connected to your passion.  I've been lucky enough to be passionate about my profession and have never really wavered about my career choice to be in the education field.  Sure, there are days, but it seems those days and moments are quickly followed with one, if not more, moments that totally blow those tough times out of the water.  (Thank You God for those)

Sometimes though, I know that's not the case.   There may be some that have to do a job to pay the bills. More on that in a moment.

If you're not fortunate to feel passionate about your work, hopefully you have some hobbies that allow you to get a taste of that passion.  I'm  been passionate about music for a long time.  I like several different genres of music, appreciate good musicianship, and love listening to it live.  For probably the past 12-13 years I've grown  passionate about the area of worship.  Not just the music and leading worship, but pursuing a life of worship, and learning more about it.


I don't say this to say I have it all figured out, just what I believe, and what has helped get me through some of "those" times.  Romans 12:1 says that we should "present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship".  

I love how The Message version says it...."Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering".  

Awesome.....that's our challenge each and every day.  Wake up, get up, thank God for the day, and let Him use you, and what you do, for His glory.  Even those jobs, or days, that seem mundane and ordinary can be used by God.  Give it to Him and all of a sudden what we see as "just a job" turns into a way to meet and influence others.  If we can do that, and be passionate about it, who knows what kind of impact we can have.  Let's be passionate about letting the creator of the universe use what we do for His glory.  

That makes for a life worth living.  


No comments:

Post a Comment